Self-Paced Online Learning
Learn on your own accord, wherever you want, whenever you want.
Flexible Payment Options
You have the option to choose from four easy instalment plans.
14 Days Money Back Guarantee
Hassle-free guarantee on purchase, ensuring quality & your peace of mind.
What you will learn from this course?
- Understand the fundamentals of food intolerances and allergens
- Recognise the potential causes and symptoms of food intolerance and allergens
- Demonstrate various laws and regulations concerning allergens and food intolerances
- Apply the practical steps required to deal with potential food allergens
- Recognise the foods that cause allergic reactions
- Avoid contamination during the preparation, handling and storage process
- Determine the best ways to inform customers about allergens
- Evaluate both internal and external allergen control systems
- Transform into a competent and confident supervisor and food safety professional
- Understand how to use the skills you gained in this course in a practical setting
Allergen Awareness Course
This Allergen Awareness Course will assist you in adhering to the UK allergen laws by helping you identify the foods that can cause allergic reactions, effectively labelling these details on food products, and making sure that customers are given the right information about the food they are buying. You will learn from expert instructors with experience in the field who will impart the most relevant expertise and best practices.
- Appropriate food labelling
- Comply with the UK’s allergen laws
- Educate customers regarding potential allergens
- Effective internal and external monitoring
- Follow the EU Food Information for Consumers (FIC) Regulation
- Essential skills, confidence and competence to assist you in the health and safety industry
- Core competencies required to drive a successful career in the health and safety industry
This Allergen Awareness Course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
This Allergen Awareness Course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification.
Who is this course for?
- This course is ideal for supervisors who are in charge of organising, directing, or overseeing the food safety precautions and procedures of their workplace
- Food handlers working in catering and retail settings can also take this Allergen Awareness Course to refresh their credentials
- Business owners thinking of implementing proper food safety measures within the workplace can also take this Allergen Awareness Course
- Regardless of whether they prepare, handle, sell, or serve food products, employees at all levels can enrol in this course
- Anyone suffering from food allergies or parents of children suffering from food allergies can also take this course to gain knowledge about the potential food allergens
This Allergen Awareness Course has no academic prerequisites and is open to students from all academic disciplines. You will, however, need a laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone and a reliable internet connection.
This Allergen Awareness Course assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of the modules, learners must answer MCQs to complete the assessment procedure.
- Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner can grasp from each section.
- In the assessment, the pass mark is 60%.
Advance Your Career
This Allergen Awareness Course will provide you with significant opportunities to enter the relevant job market and select your desired career path. Additionally, by showcasing these skills on your resume, you will be able to develop your career, face more competitors in your chosen sector, and increase your level of competition.
If you are looking for Achieving Food Hygiene Rating Level 5 Training Online, enrol into our affordable and highly informative course, which will open your door towards a wide range of opportunities within your chosen sector.
CPD certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing this course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
Any typically safe substance that triggers an acute allergic reaction in a vulnerable person is considered an allergen. Though other food ingredients, such as some additives, are known to have allergenic (allergy-causing) qualities, proteins are almost always the main culprits in food allergies.
Potential food allergies have an impact on the immune system. A variety of symptoms, some of which may be severe or life-threatening, can be brought on by even small amounts of the offending food. In contrast, a food intolerance typically just affects the digestive tract and results in less severe symptoms.
Anyone working with food in any capacity, whether in catering, the restaurant industry, or in the background, must adhere to strict food safety laws. Staff handling food may make mistakes if they are not adequately trained, which could have serious repercussions. Appropriate food safety training not only guarantees that they comprehend the significance of cleanliness and client safety, but also that they have the appropriate level of assurance and expertise to be able to put clients at ease.
All food-related enterprises, including retail locations, producers, eateries, delicatessens, bakeries, sandwich bars, supermarkets, caterers, take-out, buffets, and home caterers, must comply with these new laws if they wish to supply food to the general public and caterers
Legally, all main food allergens used to create a product must be listed on the food label along with their source. If one of the 14 allergens is an ingredient in the food or drink you get, a food establishment in the UK is required by law to disclose this to you.
Accidental food ingestion can result in an allergic reaction, which, in rare situations, can be severe and life-threatening. To ensure that customers have accurate information about the food they are purchasing, it is crucial to disclose all allergens.
Allergen regulations are enforced by local authorities, and if a business doesn't follow them, the authorities will provide valuable advice and issue a need-for-improvement notice. Businesses in the food industry will be fined if they fail to comply with these regulations. Additionally, if an allergy incidence results in lost sales or, in the worst scenarios, fatalities, suppliers or food buyers may pursue legal action against the food company or producer.
After successfully registering for the Allergen Awareness Course, you will receive an email regarding your login details, allowing you access to your online training course.
Upon successfully enrolling for a course, you will receive an email with your login details. Kindly check your inbox/junk folder and spam folder, or you can contact our award-winning customer support team via [email protected].
Sure, you can gift any of our courses to your friends or dearest ones. After purchasing any course as a gift, kindly provide the learner’s details via [email protected], and then we will send your gift to the learner with the login details of the course.
Definitely, you can enrol for this self-paced online video training course. Once you purchase the course, you will receive your login details via email. As you will have lifetime access to the login portal, hence you can complete your course at your convenient time.
Our online courses come with lifetime access with no time limit for completion. Each course is fully accessible from a tablet, mobile or laptop, as long as there is a secure internet connection.
Upon successfully completing the Allergen Awareness Course, you can order your certificate of achievement as proof of your new skill.
After successfully passing the MCQ exam, you will be eligible to order the Allergen Awareness Course Endorsed Certificate by the Quality Licence Scheme.
No prior knowledge is necessary for Allergen Awareness Course, making it ideal for beginners. However, a positive attitude toward learning is always a plus.