Self-Paced Online Learning
Learn on your own accord, wherever you want, whenever you want.
Flexible Payment Options
You have the option to choose from four easy instalment plans.
14 Days Money Back Guarantee
Hassle-free guarantee on purchase, ensuring quality & your peace of mind.
This Alcohol and Drug Addictions Psychology Diploma Course will help you gain effective counselling skills and knowledge to assist those struggling with severe alcohol and drug addiction. Throughout the course, you will learn various techniques and methods of addiction treatment, including therapies and counselling practices.
What you will learn from this course?
- Gain knowledge about various prevalent theories of addiction
- Discover a range of different treatments used to treat addiction
- Know how alcohol and drug addiction can have an impact on the society
- Discover how to provide treatment to children from alcoholic families
- Identify the various ways that family dynamics and parenting styles can affect addiction
- Transform into a competent and well-trained addiction counsellor
- Know how to apply the skills you acquired from this course in a real-life context
- Acquire the qualities and attitude required to counsel people suffering from addiction
Alcohol and Drug Addictions Psychology Diploma Course
This course will help you gain effective counselling skills and knowledge to assist those suffering from severe alcohol and drug addiction. You will learn from expert instructors with experience in the field who will impart the most relevant expertise and best practices.
- Techniques and methods of alcohol and drug addiction counselling
- Moral, psychological, medical, disease and socio-cultural models
- Utilise the Minnesota model and harm reduction model
- Treat addiction with effective therapies and counselling practice
- Adhere to various drug policies and legislation
- Effectively counsel children belonging to alcoholic families
- Use the intervention approach and the “letting go” principle
- Develop your skills and qualities to provide addiction therapy
- Core competencies required to drive a successful career in this industry
Who is this Course for?
- Addiction counsellors and mental health professionals looking to update their knowledge and skills about drug and alcohol addiction psychology can take this course
- This course is open to psychologists and psychology students who want to gain knowledge about the fundamental theory of drug and alcohol addiction psychology
- Beginners and aspirants who want to work as addiction counsellors can also take this Drug and Alcohol Addiction Courses
- Anyone who wants to learn about drug and alcohol addiction psychology in order to help people suffering from drug and alcohol addiction can also take this course
This Drug and Alcohol Addiction Courses has no academic prerequisites and is open to students from all academic disciplines. You will, however, need a laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone and a reliable internet connection.
This Addiction Counselling Courses assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of the modules, learners must answer MCQs to complete the assessment procedure.
- Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner can grasp from each section.
- In the assessment, the pass mark is 60%.
Advance Your Career
This Drug and Alcohol Addiction Courses will provide you with significant opportunities to enter the relevant job market and select your desired career path. Additionally, by showcasing these skills on your resume, you will be able to develop your career, face more competitors in your chosen sector, and increase your level of competition.
CPD certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing this course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM) is a leading accredited organisation that certifies and regulates alternative therapists, healers, and training providers around the world. After completing the IPHM accredited course you will be eligible to apply for the insurance.
The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
The Moral Model
The Psychological Model
The Medical/Disease Model
The Socio-Cultural Model
The Minnesota Model
Counselling And Therapy
Harm Reduction Model
Treatments In Practice
Drug Policies, Legislation And Decriminalisation
Drug Policies, Legislation And Decriminalisation
Community Change, Outreach, Harm Reduction Or Abstinence
Alcohol And Drug Education
Co-Dependency, Children Of Alcoholic Families, Parenting Styles And Family Factors
Relapse For Families, ‘Letting Go’, Dependent Attitudes And Dependent Behaviours
The Intervention Approach
Why Be A Helper
Helper Qualities And Attitudes
The Art Of Accepting
Addiction counselling is the use of specialised skills to help people who have addictions, as well as their families and friends, overcome their addictions. This is done by exploring the disease and all of its effects, looking at attitudes and feelings, thinking about other options, and making decisions that are specifically related to their addiction.
You will be equipped to help those who are struggling with drug and alcohol addiction by learning drug and alcohol addiction counselling. Moreover, knowing that you are assisting numerous people in leading better lives and interacting with other people will give you a wonderful sense of fulfilment.
The annual income for an addiction counsellor in the UK ranges from £22656 to £69680, or £37288 on average.
Due to a rise in drug addiction, there is a rapidly growing demand for addiction counsellors in private practice, health and social services, and various community settings in the UK.
The methods used by a psychologist and a counsellor differ significantly. Psychologists employ techniques like CBT to assist individuals in managing their mental health. Contrarily, counsellors support their clients while encouraging them to develop their own strategies for handling their emotions.
With the therapist's assistance, one can establish long-term objectives such as mending damaged relationships, taking ownership of one's conduct, and erasing guilt brought on by addiction. A person who has a drug use disorder is frequently more likely to overcome addiction with therapy and counselling for substance usage.
Yes, in order to practice as a psychologist or counsellor in your area and offer drug and alcohol addiction counselling, you must complete the necessary training, receive the necessary certifications, and obtain the necessary licensure. Moreover, having a certificate that the clients can rely on can give them peace of mind that they're in good hands if you're just getting started and need to expand your clientele.
You can enrol in classes online or at healing facilities that will help you learn drug and alcohol addiction counselling. This Drug and Alcohol Addiction Courses is ideal for you if you are looking for a comprehensive and well-designed online course.
No, this Drug and Alcohol Addiction Courses is also ideal for beginners looking to gain skills and knowledge about drug and alcohol addiction counselling in order to help those around them suffering from alcohol and drug abuse.
No, with our easy-to-follow instruction and course materials, you will be swiftly equipped with essential skills and knowledge about drug and alcohol addiction counselling.
After successfully registering for the Drug and Alcohol Addiction Courses, you will receive an email regarding your login details, allowing you access to your online training course.
Upon successfully enrolling for a course, you will receive an email with your login details. Kindly check your inbox/junk folder and spam folder, or you can contact our award-winning customer support team via [email protected].
Sure, you can gift any of our courses to your friends or dearest ones. After purchasing any course as a gift, kindly provide the learner’s details via [email protected], and then we will send your gift to the learner with the login details of the course.
Definitely, you can enrol for this self-paced online video training course. Once you purchase the course, you will receive your login details via email. As you will have lifetime access to the login portal, hence you can complete your course at your convenient time.
Our online courses come with lifetime access with no time limit for completion. Each course is fully accessible from a tablet, mobile or laptop, as long as there is a secure internet connection.
Upon successfully completing the Drug and Alcohol Addiction Courses, you can order your certificate of achievement as proof of your new skill.
After successfully passing the MCQ exam, you will be eligible to order the Drug and Alcohol Addiction Courses Endorsed Certificate by the Quality Licence Scheme.
No prior knowledge is necessary for the Drug and Alcohol Addiction Courses, making it ideal for beginners. However, a positive attitude toward learning is always a plus.